In this article and video above, we will guide you through the process on how to assemble a VOP Rail Section after purchasing a rail box kit. The only tools you are going to need is a measuring tape, cordless or corded drill, and mitre saw with appropriate cutting blade.
A 4’ box rail kit includes the following:
– 1 top hand rail
– 1 pre-punched bottom rail
– 1 pre-punched top filler
– 1 bottom filler
– 2 pre-punched aluminum reinforcements
– 9 pickets
– 1 page instruction sheet
– 1 bag of hardware that includes mounting brackets.
Now that you are ready to assemble, take your aluminium reinforcement and slide into the bottom rail, if a cuts need to be made make sure to cut your rails before you start the assembly process, make sure to cut from both ends keeping the picket spacing consistent. Align the holes on the bottom rail with the holes in the pickets and fasten with the longest screw out of the hardware bag. Once you’ve installed the pickets to the bottom rail, you are going to take your pre-punch top filler and aluminium and line up the holes with the other end of the pickets. Now you are ready to fasten the top rail to the pickets.
Once you’ve finished fastening the pickets to both the top and bottom rails you must fasten the mounting brackets on the top and bottom at both ends of the rail. Please make sure that the mounting bracket is recessed in a 1/16th of an inch. After mounting the brackets to the railing your railing section is now ready to mount to either our Post Kit or existing structure. Once the railing section is installed you complete the process by snapping on the top handrail and bottom filler. Our VOP railing system is engineered and complies with current North American building codes.
– Our railings are available in 6 different extruded colours; White, Cashmere, Grey , Tan, Clay and Sable
– Our boxed rail kits are available in 4 sizes……..36” High x 48” Wide, 36” High x 72” Wide, 42” High x 48” Wide, 42” High x 72” Wide
– Extruded finish will give the homeowner peace of mind that they will never have to fill, sand, paint or stain their railings anymore.
Comments are closed.